Now Hiring: Program Coordinator
Part Time, Hourly Position – 10 hrs/wk. $20/hr. Additional hours on concert weeks.
- Tuesdays from 3:45 PM to 7:00 PM
- Thursdays from 3:45 to 7:00 PM
- 3.5 hours of operational/administrative work to be scheduled for mutually agreeable times.
- …plus seasonal concerts, some on evenings and weekends.
This position may have some flexibility in work hours and locations as we see how the pandemic progresses, and seasonal demands will fluctuate.
Reports to: SGC Executive Director and SGC Office Manager
About Us: Seattle Girls Choir is an organization in which young people are inspired to become the best musicians in the Pacific Northwest, celebrated for their contributions to their community, and encouraged to be their own best advocates. Our combination of music education and youth leadership opportunities provide the 180 youths in our programs aged 5 – 18 with an outlet to express themselves in a world where they are often taught to be silent.
Our Mission: Seattle Girls Choir provides a robust education in the choral arts, helping girls* build skills to succeed in life, and enriching the cultural landscape of the Pacific Northwest. *encompasses girl-identified youth and gender non-conforming/expansive youth
PROGRAM COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Rehearsal/Program Support (75%)
- Conduct daily health screenings of choristers with the support of parent volunteers.
- Assist faculty in the setup of rehearsal streaming software for those choristers attending virtually, and be available to troubleshoot connectivity or other tech issues.
- Ensure rehearsal spaces are set up and in line with COVID protocols.
- Stay on site during rehearsals and respond to issues as they arise. Contact parents in the event that a chorister needs to leave rehearsal early.
Concert and Operations Support (25%)
- Onsite performance operation support, including health screening of choristers and assisting parent chaperones in managing choristers.
- Support pre-sales ticketing fulfillment.
- Assist in securing parent volunteers for performances.
- Manage check-in and out rosters.
As the course of the pandemic changes, the responsibilities of the Program Coordinator may also change, in conversation with the SGC leadership team.
- One year of program coordination experience
- Knowledgeable of Zoom for rehearsal streaming, and iPad technology
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and handle delicate situations with tact and confidentiality
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to manage multiple competing needs
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and organized
- Comfort working with youth ages 5-18
- Comfort communicating with family members via phone and email
- Reliable transportation to rehearsal venue and concert venues
- Prior knowledge of performing arts and/or childcare COVID safety precautions preferred
- Experience coordinating events and concerts preferred
- Experience supervising volunteers preferred
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience preferred
Work Environment: Our rehearsals take place at the Volunteer Park SDA Church in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle. (Please note, we are not a religiously affiliated institution.) Indoor rehearsals will follow all CDC and King County Public Health guidelines for performing arts groups. A written summary of these measures is available upon request.
Vaccine Requirement: All SGC employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Employee will be asked to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their first day on the job.
Timeline: We encourage interested applicants to submit their materials as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Seattle Girls Choir works to create a powerful sense of belonging for all our faculty, staff, choristers, family members, and audience members. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds, races, sexual orientations, and gender identities to apply.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume, and two employment references to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position, Program Coordinator, in the subject of the email.