It’s June which means it’s time for Seattle Girls’ Choir’s season ending all choir concert. This spring’s concert is particularly special as it is Piccolini’s public debut! This Call Sheet gives you all the details for the Technical Rehearsal and Spring Concert. Please read it carefully.
Chaperones (moms and grandmothers) and other volunteers (dads too) are still needed to ensure the day’s success, please look to the list below and sign up immediately to fill those needs.
If you know your daughter will not be able to participate or will be late in arriving for the Tech Rehearsal and/or the Spring Concert please email me, (even if you have told your daughter’s conductor), so I can prepare the rosters for those days. This will avoid any needless phone calling to you.
*Please call or text me at the SGC cell phone 206-696-3240 if you are going to be delayed or there is an emergency on the day of the Technical Rehearsal or Concert. If texting, please be sure to leave name, choir & expected time of arrival, thanks.
Regular Choir Rehearsal will be held at the Choir Center on Tuesday 6/9.
The Technical Rehearsal is in addition to this rehearsal.
Feel free to email me if you have any questions regarding either the Technical Rehearsal or Spring Concert. See you soon!
Technical Rehearsal Wednesday, June 10, 2015 — Town Hall Seattle
(1119 8th Ave, Seattle)
4:35pm: Chorister Curb Drop off
5:55pm Choristers picked up at the curb
Please Drop off and Pick Up your chorister with a Greeter at the curb, they will escort her in; this way you have the option to not find and pay for parking during her rehearsal.
- Rehearsals are closed to parents and the public.
- You may wait in the main lobby if you choose.
- Drive southbound on 8th Avenue from Seneca so that you pull up at the curb.
- Not a “dress” rehearsal. Come in street clothes!
- Piccolini will warm up, learn where to sit & stand and how to safely get on & off the risers. This is also a good time for them to familiarize themselves with a large venue.
Tickets: Tickets are on sale now through our website ($20 tickets are Sold Out, $15 tickets remain). You may also order the optional flower bouquets and individual chorister photos there.
Avoid long lines on concert day by picking up your tickets at the Choir Center before rehearsal on 6/9.
Spring Concert Saturday, June 13, 2015 — Town Hall Seattle
(1119 8th Ave, Seattle)
Call Time: 11:30am
Please plan to drop your daughter at her choirs’ call time “concert ready” in her spring dress (see below.)
- Curb Greeters will be on duty to escort her in.
- Each choir warms up, has a stage rehearsal, an all choir rehearsal, individual photos are taken for those who pre-ordered, and the choristers have some down time before the performance. They are closely chaperoned.
Pick Up: Signed out downstairs in the Green Room at intermission around 3:00 pm
- Your daughter is encouraged to stay for Act 2 if she isn’t too tired.
- No need to buy her a ticket, there will be room to join you where you sat for Act 1
Your daughter should arrive for the concert – “concert ready”
- She should be well fed and wearing a spring dress
- This is a dress of her choosing as Piccolini doesn’t have an assigned uniform
- Her hair should be neat and pulled back from her face in a simple band or tie, no sparkles please.
- This is to help minimize her being distracted so she can focus on her director & so we can see her from the audience.
- She should arrive without jewelry including earrings, & bracelets
- She should arrive without fingernail polish
- She should bring her water bottle, & a non-messy snack
- We will not be providing food & water for your daughter.
Useful things to know about the concert
- The lobby of Town Hall opens to guests at 12:35pm when the choirs are finished warming up in the lobby.
- Auditorium Doors Open typically 25-30 minutes prior to the concert.
- The concert starts promptly at 1:30pm. Allow time for parking as the Town Hall lot may be full or unavailable when you arrive. We cannot reserve parking. Parking is also available at various lots in the area including the Polyclinic (8th & Marion), Marion Street Garage (on Marion between 7th & 8th), etc.
- The concert will be expected to conclude about 4:00pm.
- SGC asks that there be no flash photos or videos taken during the performance. They are a distraction for the choristers and conductors.
Thank you to all our volunteers!
Help is still needed, please sign up here.
Concert Chaperones: Are responsible for keeping the girls calm and helping them as needed. You will also make sure the choir stays on schedule and help them safely on & off the stage. Chaperones do not need tickets because they will sit with the girls during the concert. Please wear concert black or best dress & bring a snack for yourself.
Piccolini Chaperones: Chaperone Moms are still needed, please sign up here.
- Technical Rehearsal: Arrive by 4:20pm – needed until pick up is complete around 6:10pm
- Concert: Arrive at 11:05am – needed until all choristers are picked up at intermission around 3:00pm
Lobby Manager: Stacia Cammarano (SGC Office Manager)
Lobby Manager Assistant: Still needed, please sign up here. 10:15-1:30 pm Concert Day
Chaperone Coordinator: Cyndi Lewis (Allegra Mom) 10:15am-4:30pm – Concert Day
Chaperone Coordinator & Photo Assistant: Still needed, please sign up here.
Concert Manager Assistant: Colette Gordon (Allegra Mom) 10:15-1:30 pm Concert Day
Curb Greeters: Please bring an umbrella if it is raining. Thank you!
- Tech Rehearsal: Wed, June 10 3:55pm to 6:15pm Greeters are still needed, please sign up here.
- Concert: Sat, June 13 10:30am to 12:10pm (Jeff Sobil & Carlos Aristeguieta)
Concert Ushers: 12:00-4:00pm (Anne LeWarne, Michael Messinger, Dustine Wilde, Jerry Heilbrun) 12:00-1:25pm Greeters are still needed, please sign up here.
Help with set up, & prepare programs; take tickets & hand out programs. During the performance, ushers take turns monitoring the top of each stairway (a rotation is created so that you can enjoy your daughter’s performance.) Ushers also help clean up after the concert. Ushers wear concert black or best dress.
Tickets: (Priscilla Walker & Barbara Sauermann)
Please arrive at noon on the day of the concert to get familiarized with the job and work until concert time. You’ll be handing out will call orders and selling any available seats/tickets.
Boutique Assistants: (Susan Michaels, Cecile Meister, & Kathleen Allen)
Please arrive at noon on concert day and work before the concert and during intermission if needed.
Flower Table: 12:00 -1:30 pm (Lauren & Martin Rayment and Allison Wilhelm)
Set up flower table, wrap bouquets with tissue and ribbon, exchange prepaid vouchers for bouquet and sell bouquets.
Medical Advisor: (Emilio Marasco) Please arrive as soon as you are able on the day of the concert and remain until the last child is picked up.